This recipe can be used in cakes, muffins and brownies as an egg replacement for 3 eggs or 3/4 cup. You can half the amount but it’s harder to bind with less ingredients.
- 1 cup Peeled, cored and diced Apple (1 medium size)
- 1/2 cup or as needed Water
- 1 Cinnamon Stick (optional)
- Combine the chopped apples, water and cinnamon stick (if using) in a saucepan and cook it for about 15 minutes or until tender. Add some more water if you think its necessary.
- Remove it from heat and cool it.
- If there is excess water, drain out the apples and blend it smooth in a blender adding little water if needed. Reserve the excess liquid and use it in the baking recipe for some of the liquids mentioned. The above measurement yields 3/4th of a cup of applesauce which can be substituted for 3 eggs.