- 2 cups (240 g) raw cashews soaked overnight
- 2 garlic cloves, minced (1 Tbsp or 6 g)
- 1/2 tsp garlic powder, plus more to taste
- 1 lemon, zested
- 2 lemons, juiced (1/4 cup or 60 ml)
- 3/4 cup (180 ml) water
- 2 Tbsp (6 g) nutritional yeast
- 1/2 tsp sea salt
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 2 Tbsp (8 g) finely minced fresh dill
- Place cashews in a bowl and cover with cool water for 12 hours.
- Roast beetroots on a baking sheet for approximately 40 minutes until tender
- Once soaked, drain cashews thoroughly and add to food processor. Add minced garlic, garlic powder, lemon zest, lemon juice, water, nutritional yeast, salt and olive oil. Add beetroots (if dried out you can peel otherwise keep skins on).
- Add some dill and leave some for sprinkling on top for decoration.
- Process until very creamy and smooth, scraping down sides as needed. Then taste and adjust seasonings as needed, adding more lemon zest for tartness, nutritional yeast for cheesiness, garlic for zing, or salt for flavour + balance.
- Enjoy chilled with crackers or vegetables. Leftovers keep well covered in the refrigerator up to 5 days.
Serving size: 1 Tbsp (of 32 total) Calories: 54 Fat: 4.4 g Saturated fat: 0.8g Carbohydrates: 2.8g Sodium: 33 mg Protein: 1.5 g